Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

A Day of Grief

I know this off topic, but my heart is broken, 20 small children and six adults were killed today by a deranged person at an elementary school in Connecticut. My thoughts and prayers are with their families. The violence must stop, our children deserve a future.




Painting by Cynthia Angeles entitled "Grief," courtesy of http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story



Addendum
So many bloggers are heartsick today, and the world seems so dark.  I read "Mini Dork's" post on her blog which she has called "Faith," and, despite the incredible grief we all feel, I have a little more hope today than yesterday. I encourage you to visit her blog, http://modernminihouses.blogspot.com,

Love to all, Neen

8 comments:

  1. Neen, I feel the same. Having school aged kids, this nearly brought me to tears. What the hell is happening to our society?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never understand this! I mean why didn't he just stop with his mom! Not that that would have been better by any means. We will probably never know why he had gone to the school. GOD must just cry over how we are turning out as a society! I was so upset that on the way to work I told God that he might just as well blow up the world now! I mean, KILLING KIDS! What did they ever do wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting Teresa. I have no answers, but I just read "Mini Dork's" post called "Faith," and, despite the incredible grief we all feel, I have a little more hope today than yesterday. I encourage you to visit her blog, http://modernminihouses.blogspot.com/2012/12/faith.html#comment-form. Love to you and all my readers and followers, Neen

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were terrible news. Heart breaking tragedy. Our prayers are for the families. It is so senseless.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drora, I agree, there is no reason behind this madness. We can only hug the ones we love a little tighter, and work to make sure these crimes don't happen.
    Hugs to you, Neen

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such terrible news My heart goes out to the families. Sometimes it feels like our society has run out of hope. Where will it end crimes just seem to be getting worse and worse. Terrible tragedy :(
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, we can only hope that this will never happen again. xxNeen

      Delete